Blog Archive

Monday 15 October 2012

Evaluation on Callum's analysis on: A History Of Violence

First of all, Callum has made his notes very organised and detailed which helps me as I can clearly see what points he is trying to say. He has started off by talking about the camera which helped me as he has mentioned several aspects of what the camera did and said what effect it had which taught me how the camera effected the atmosphere within and throughout the scene. When Callum wrote about the sound it helped me as he went into detail about the binary opposition of the sound. For example, "When one of the characters first gets in the car it plays some upbeat blues. This is an example of binary opposition as it connotes dancing and happiness, not the scenario they are in." This gave me a more advanced insight on how the binary opposition achieved an effect on how the characters felt. Overall, I think Callum has done a very detailed and analytically response to the task as it has helped and added to my knowledge. If Callum was to improve his analysis in anyway I would say he should of spoke about editing more as he hasn't wrote as much as he could of.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment