Blog Archive

Sunday 7 October 2012

Evaluation of Rachel's: THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123: Crime Thriller

Rachel has gone into extreme detail on the camera which has not just added to my knowledge, it has taught me new things about the camera. Example - how the camera zooms in and out to create a certain type of effect. Rachel has commented on several important aspects of the camera such as; long shots, close ups, medium shots etc and has told me why were they used and how important they were in the film. From the camera and editing of Rachel's analysis I have learnt that the director uses each shot for a purpose and each angle of the shot is important. Rachel has also helped me gain a more advanced understanding on sound and music. After reading Rachel's post, I now know how significant diagetic sound is within a scene. This is because Rachel has gone into detail of how it achieves certain effects which now tell me that we need to see how we can create these kind of effects when making the opening of our thriller film. Rachel also shown me a lot about how costume is significant. Rachel commented on how the character is wearing things such as a hat, leather jacket and tattoos to show he is a dangerous character which helped me as I now have a more advanced insight on how directors use certain type of clothing and props to make the character look a certain way such as dangerous. Lastly, Rachel goes into great detail in the titles (example when she talks about the text). This has added to my understanding as I now know that when it comes to making our title sequence we need to think carefully about what symbols, images and text we should use as we want to try and engage the audience. I think Rachel has done an extremely good job on analysing this crime thriller as she has clearly shown her understanding through her explanation and has added to my knowledge. 










No comments:

Post a Comment