Blog Archive

Thursday 18 October 2012

Evaluation of Callum's final analysis: Se7en

Callum goes into detail on the different camera shots and he has also said what effect they achieve which in this case, it creates an ambiguous tone. This has taught me that the camera shots create certain kinds of tones. Now that we have a better understanding of this, it will help us when making our opening. Callum also provides a detail analysis on the mise-en-scene, he states that there is a dark atmosphere, which from my personal research I have learnt this to be very popular in many thriller film openings. This is generally used to connote some kind of danger. Another part of what I think Callum has completed successfully is the part where he goes into detail and when describing the font. This has taught me font is very important in the title sequence as again, it can help out with the dark atmosphere that the director is trying to create.Overall, I think Callum has done an excellent job on the analysis of se7en and I think we all will benefit from this. If Callum was to improve on this analysis I would say analyse the editing more. 








No comments:

Post a Comment